Health and Travel Insurance

All international students studying in New Zealand are required by the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016 (the Code) to have compliant medical and travel insurance. This must cover your time studying in, and travelling to and from New Zealand:

  • Established to ensure that international students who are studying in New Zealand, at a private training establishment, have appropriate cover that complies with the Code.
  • Provides you with important protection and you should take the time to download the policy and review it.
  • The policy wording is the legal basis for the insurance.
  • It is your responsibility to pay for medical check-ups and treatment for maintenance of your physical and dental health.
  • Cover is not provided for immigration medicals, contraception, sexually transmitted illnesses or pregnancy terminations.

For more details, refer to www.scti.co.nz

If students wish to arrange their own travel and medical insurance, the certificate must be provided to Canterbury College.

How to be reimbursed for expenses on an insurance claim:

  • If you have a claim, you will have to complete and submit the claim form.
  • Attach original receipts and post it to the address on the form.
  • We recommend that you keep a copy of the form and receipts for your records.