Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
Canterbury College has agreed to observe and be bound by the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016 administered by the NZQA. Copies of the Code are available on request from Canterbury College or from the NZQA.
Immigration New Zealand (Visa)
Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on right for employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through from Immigration New Zealand.
Reasonable assistance will be given to enable you, the student, to obtain a suitable visa before arriving; however, it is your responsibility to comply with the requirements of the immigration authorities.
If you have any complaints about Canterbury College, please follow the following procedure:
- Discussing the matter with the staff member or student who is the subject of the complaint.
- If agreement cannot be reached with the staff member or student, the matter should be discussed with the Director of Studies (Business) or Director.
- If agreement still cannot be reached, the Director of Studies (Business) or Director will submit the appeal to the Advisory Board for consideration.
- Students may make a formal complaint to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority where the above steps have not resolved the matter to their satisfaction, OR iStudent Complaints:
- The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA); PO Box 160, Wellington
- iStudent Complaints; PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140 (International Students only).
Please also see this brochure on how to make a complaint.